Review on previously visited Hair Salons -part I

This is a short summary of the hair services I have done in the various hair salons in Singapore throughout the years.

When I was still a student, having a haircut in neighbourhood salons was a norm as its more economical and friendly on the pocket.
However, when I started working and have more cash, I was willing to splurge on more expensive hair salons as I felt that they are more up to date on the latest hair trends and will be able to recommend hairstyles that are suitable for my face shape.

Note that some of the salons indicated below may have already change their location.

Kimage at Chinatown Point
This was my first hair perm and it was a sensation among those who saw my curls. I got a lot of attention with my lightly tinted hair curls and was amazed at what a big transformation it gave me. I finally realized that a good hair style made all the difference to someone’s outlook. My stylist was a manager in the salon.

Two colleagues were so impressed with my perm that they went to look for the same stylist as mine but both were disappointed with their curls as it did not turn out as nice as mine. They rebonded their hair a few days after the perm.
Our hair structure are simply different.

I went back a second time, looking for the same hair stylist a few years later and wanted to do a hair perm. However this perm turned out differently that what I had that first time. It was a disappointment.

Kimage at Pioneer Mall
Business was not every good in this salon as its almost vacant, perhaps its due to being situated in a neighbourhood where HDB-dwellers are less willing to splurge on higher haircuts but I was very pleased with the service from the stylists except for the young ah-beng who wash my hair.

The ah-beng was a heavy smoker as I can inhale all the smoke while he was washing my hair. His massages were so deep rooted that it made my scalp hurt for days. I never experience something like that before. It was simply terrible.

I specially requested this male stylist ( although I cannot remember his name now) after I read all the good reviews he received in the forum, regarding his good colouring job. I was not disappointed.

He did a good job with 2 tone colouring and I received compliments from friends and strangers. A promoter even came up to me and asked where I did the hair colouring job.

He was the person in charge of the salon and is very humble of his achievements after I told him about his rave reviews in the forum.
I wondered why I never went back again. Gee. I must try to recall this stylist’s name.

Kimage at Jurong East
I went back to this salon twice because I found the female stylist to be quite friendly and approachable. The layering was not too much and is just what I wanted.

Kimage at Funan
A friend recommended this salon as cheap and good. I realized later why its more affordable as compared to the rest of the Kimage salons because its Kimage hairdressing training salon where aspiring stylists trained in this salon hence the rates are cheaper. A simple haircut of mine took about 2.5hours compared to the usual 1hour at other salons. I would not trade time for money.

The hair treatment also does not last till the next day.

Next Salon at Holland Village
I received a lot of compliments from my colleagues after my haircut, they say it was suitable for my face shape and made my face looked leaner and sharper.

Strangely enough, I never go back to the salon again. Haha.

Fox Salon at Shaw Center
I was horrified with this salon. This was the first time that snippets of my hair was all over my face after my haircut. I did not realize it when I took the train. Imagine my horror when I looked into the mirror a few hours later.
How can any stylist be so unprofessional?

Backstage Salon at Forum
I had high expectations of this salon as I remembered that this salon was usually featured in the closing credits of our local TV dramas. However, service was cold and impersonal. I did a haircut and a hair colouring job there but I remembered I was not very happy with the whole experience. The vibes that they gave me, was that they catered to the rich and famous customers. I do not own any credit cards that time and they were not impressed with the debit card I was holding.

Storm at Jurong Point
The haircut was atrocious. It was layered too much at the nape of the neck that all the ends curled out, making it very ugly and difficult to maintain.

Chapter 2 at Marina Square
The young male stylist was one of the few stylists in the salon. He is quite chatty, approachable and friendly. He was able to put me at ease and is able to give me a few recommendations of the hair colouring. However, I was abit upset to see that my hair colour was so much lighter than what I was able to accept. Usually light hair colour made the hair look dry and straw-like and that was the last thing I ever wanted but that was what I got.

The people in this salon gave me the vibes of being ah-bengs and ah-lians but are in fact pretty friendly and down-to-earth.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subscribe to ReviewGalore for Free – If you’re interested in keeping in touch with me and the new articles that go up on ReviewGalore, you can subscribe in 2 ways : 



3 comments

Salons in indore said...

Your blog has always attracted me and this particular post left me speechless. It is one of the best pieces of writing I have seen. Good job.

Beauty Undercover said...

Hello there

I'm Agent G from Beauty Undercover, a website reviewing beauty salons in Singapore :)
While searching online, we came across your blog commenting on Backstage Salon.

Would you mind if we publish an excerpt of your blog post and link to your page here: http://www.beautyundercover.sg/hair/backstage-killiney-winsland-house/

Your blog post would help others know more about an experience at the salon, make a better salon decision and at the same time, increase your blog traffic.

Let us know :) and hope you have a great week ahead.

Regards,
Agent G

Agnes said...

Hi Agent G, I am alright with it. Cheers