Review on previously visited Hair Salons - Part II

Well, this is Part II, as promised.

Jayun at Pacific Plaza
It was my first Korean hair salon and I was looking forward to it. However, after the session, I told myself that its going to be my first and last one as it was the highest amount I ever spent on my hair. I blew $400+ on haircut, hair treatment and 2 tone colouring job in here.
I do not see any difference between this Korea salon and the normal salons I went to.

Unfortunately, as my stylist was 1 of the 3 directors in the salon, I was being charged a premium rate for the services she did for me. I was surprised that she was a Malaysian. I was expecting the director to be a Korean.
She was very pretty and well-groomed and her English although not as fluent as some Singaporeans but nevertheless was better than most Malaysians I came across in salons.

She was quite pushy and insisted that I need this service or that service, everything she says, everything was charged. It was so expensive. Since she was a director of the salon, I was disappointed that the haircut given was so mediocre, in fact not much of my hair was cut off and yet I was charged a premium rate because of her status.
Gosh. I felt so cheated.

The only difference was that each stylist have about 2 dedicated assistants to help them.

Spa Scene at Raffles City
My first time getting a haircut from a hairstylist from China as I thought the hair scene is usually dominated by Malaysians in Singapore salons.

I did my perm and it was wonderfully done, although the first impression of my curls was that of a poodle. However the curls turned out nicely after a month, when the curls have slightly loosen.

The Scene at Raffles City
I will not step into this salon again, its way too pushy. I was not able to get any peace throughout my 2 hours haircut. The pushy female stylist was busy trying to recommend me products and services to the point that I was irritated.

Reds Salon at Suntec City
No good vibes from this salon. It was way too noisy with the stylists yelling to one another above the noise of the hair dryers.
Magazines given to me were all in Chinese.

Supercuts at Tiong Bahru Plaza
This salon and stylist was highly recommended by my aunt who is a regular there. Sandy is one of the senior stylists or perhaps the person in charge of the salon. She is very professional and ethical. The only stylist to say that I do not need any hair treatment and just a haircut will do. She did not try to push any services or products to me at all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subscribe to ReviewGalore for Free – If you’re interested in keeping in touch with me and the new articles that go up on ReviewGalore, you can subscribe in 2 ways : 

No comments