Review : Olivella The Olive Shampoo and Conditioner


Shampoo Description
Innovative formula made with Natural ingredients and Olive Extract for normal, dry, or color treated hair. The OLIVELLA Shampoo leaves hair shiny, restored, and soft to the touch. Cleanses hair while adding benefits of antioxidants (Vitamin A, E and Polyphenols) to give hair strength, vitality, and luster.

Conditioner Description
Formulated with Natural Virgin Olive Oil. The Olive hydrating cream conditioner revives and restores dry damaged hair. An ultra-rich daily moisturizing conditioner that detangles and hydrates normal, dry, or chemically treated hair.

Key Benefits
Contains Olive Extract with Natural Anti-Aging and Antioxidant Ingredients
Paraben Free and made with Natural Ingredients
Free Of Animal Fats
Free of SLS (Sodium Laureth Sulfate)
Free of dyes with natural color from olive chlorophyll
Dermatologically Tested
Not tested on animals

Olivella is a new brand that comes onto Singapore shores last year. This Italian brand has been known in the States for some time but not Singapore. Since Olive Oil has always touted to be an excellent antioxidant, I bought a set of their hair products and hand cream to try out.

The first 2 times of trying out both products, I have the urge to stop using them and throw it in the bin. However, the practical side of me won't allow that, of course. The price is actually quite affordable, $13.90 for 250ml each. Still, I like to use up the product to be a fair judge.

Both products have a citrus scent which is light and nice. The shampoo, of light yellow colour does not lather much but still able to do a decent cleansing of the hair, with more quantity than my usual amount. The conditioner, of a white creamy yet light texture is the better of the 2. I prefer the conditioner much more than the shampoo. Thats because the shampoo tangled my hair too much durin the cleansing process. My hair becomes straw-like and difficult to comb thru with my fingers. Loading the conditioner onto my tangled mess does not help that much.

I got quite frustrated with the products in the beginning because I do have a tangled hair problem ever since I started perming my hair but using the shampoo made it even worse. Dry and tangled.
So I decided to use the conditioner on the tangled hair mess before using the shampoo, in the hope of softening and detangling the portion, before I start shampoo-ing my hair. It works quite well for most of the time, and I was really happy with the result.
My hair did not get that tangled up easily and even if there is, it can easily be detangled with my fingers. So the new process meant that I used up the conditioner twice in every hair washing, depleting it much faster than the shampoo.

However, recently, it seemed that the new process is not working that well on my hair anymore. My hair, though feels soft after each wash ( conditioner -> shampoo -> conditioner ) did not detangle as much as I would want to. I will still persist to using up both products but no way will I be re-purchasing them again.

Shampoo Ingredients
AQUA (WATER),LAURAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE,COCAMIDE DEA,COCAMIDOPROPYL HYDROXYSULTAINE,PARFUM (FRAGRANCE),LAURAMIDOPROPYLAMINE OXIDE,DISODIUM LAURETH SULFOSUCCINATE,HEXYL CINNAMAL,LINALOOL,LIMONENE,GLYCERIN,CITRONELLOL,BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL,GERANIOL,PROPYLENE GLYCOL,PANTHENOL,COCODIMONIUM HYDROXYPROPYL HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN,COCODIMONIUM HYDROXYPROPYL HYDROLYZED SILK PROTEIN,OLEA EUROPAEA LEAF EXTRACT (OLIVE (OLEA EUROPAEA) LEAF EXTRACT), ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE,CITRAL,METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE,METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, OLEA EUROPAEA FRUIT OIL (OLIVE (OLEA EUROPAEA) FRUIT OIL).

Conditioner Ingredients :
AQUA (WATER),MYRISTYL ALCOHOL,GLYCERIN,CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE,PARFUM (FRAGRANCE),PANTHENOL,PROPYLENE GLYCOL,QUATERNIUM-80,OLEA EUROPAEA FRUIT OIL (OLIVE (OLEA EUROPAEA) FRUIT OIL),HEXYL CINNAMAL,LINALOOL,CITRONELLOL,LECITHIN,COCODIMONIUM HYDROXYPROPYL HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN,COCODIMONIUM HYDROXYPROPYL HYDROLYZED SILK PROTEIN,COUMARIN,ASCORBYL PALMITATE,TOCOPHEROL,BENZYL BENZOATE,BENZYL CINNAMATE, ANISE ALCOHOL.

Source : Olive


Subscribe to ReviewGalore for Free – If you’re interested in keeping in touch with me and the new articles that go up on ReviewGalore, you can subscribe in 2 ways : 

No comments