Review : L'oreal Youth Code Pre-Essence (Boosting Essence)



The 5ml sample that I owned was part of the August Bella Box goodies. I have been using it on a daily basis twice a day for the past 3 weeks. Strangely, not much information for this product is found online, not even on their main website.

Almost similar to Lancome Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate with its main ingredient being Bifida Ferment Lysate, L'oreal Youth Code is touted to regenerate skin and making it younger. It supposingly helps to boost up the skin's recovery and restoring skin's youth.

The texture of this pre-essence feels like serum, lightweight but concentrated. It sinks into the skin and gets absorbed in, within a few minutes. The initial stickiness disappeared into the skin, leaving it slightly smoother.
Benefits of any other skincare products to be applied thereafter, is supposed to be amplified, be it whitening, anti-aging or hydrating.

Their claims :
In 1 drop: More Radiant
In 1 week: More Refined
In 1 month: Rejuvenated Skin

Usage scenarios :
- Use Youth Code Boosting Essence before serum and moisturiser to boost the effectiveness
- Use Youth Code Boosting Essence before facial sheet masks to increase the effectiveness of the treatment
- Mix Youth Code Boosting Essence with liquid foundation or before applying two-way foundation to provide that dewy-radiant look that lasts all day

I have been using this pre-essence mainly as a serum, right before my moisturiser.
Day :
1) Youth Code Boosting Essence followed by Enavose Cellogist Youth Guard Cream 
Night : 
2) Youth Code Boosting Essence followed by  Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Moisturising Cream
OR
3) Youth Code Boosting Essence in the morning and Estee Lauder Advanced Night Recovery at night

Due to both products in (3) having Bifida Ferment Lysate as the main ingredient, I did not have the intention to pair them up, but instead I used the Boosting Essence in the morning ( with one of the moisturisers above ) and ANR in the night. Within 3 days, I see a marked improvement on the pores on my nose. It appears cleaner, smaller and more refined. Blackheads were much reduced. My skin was literally more radiant, having less redness and an overall smoother appearance. Even my hubby commented on my smoother skin which is rare for him.

By all accounts, I believed that the overall effect was partially contributed with using the Boosting Essence together with the moisturisers above, but just that the visible improvement was much obvious after using ANR. I have used ANR many years ago, but it was nothing much to shout about, probably due to my young skin at that point in time.

I will be getting my mother to try it out together with the ANR and report back if there's good news to boot. For the record, my mum does not have very good skin.

No comments